Choosing a research question for a global politics extended essay can be challenging, as it is important to ensure that the question is both relevant and feasible to research within the given time frame.
Here are some tips to help you choose a research question:
- Start with a broad topic: Begin by thinking about a broad topic within global politics that interests you, such as international relations, human rights, or environmental politics.
- Narrow down your focus: Once you have a broad topic, start narrowing down your focus to a specific issue or problem within that area. For example, if you’re interested in international relations, you might want to focus on a specific conflict or region.
- Identify a gap in the literature: Look for a gap in the current research on your topic and try to find a question that has not been extensively covered in the literature or that offers a unique perspective on a well-established issue.
- Make it specific: Your research question should be specific and focused rather than too broad or general. It should clearly state the problem or issue you plan to address.
- Be original: Try to come up with a research question that is original, and that will contribute to the existing knowledge in your field.
- Keep it feasible: Make sure that your research question is feasible to research within the time frame and resources available to you. Consider factors such as the availability of data, access to experts or primary sources, and the scope of the topic.
- Consult with your supervisor: Once you have a few potential research questions, consult with your supervisor or teacher to get feedback on their feasibility and potential for a successful essay.
Remember that the research question should guide your research, so it’s important to choose a question that is both relevant and feasible to research within the given time frame.
Need help with your Global Politics extended essay?
From research and analysis to structuring and editing, our skilled mentors will be by your side, helping you craft an exceptional extended essay that not only meets the stringent IB criteria but also reflects your passion for Global Politics studies.
With the right research question, you’ll be well on your way to writing a successful extended essay on global politics.
Global Politics Extended Essay Topics | 20 Ideas
- The Impact of Climate Change on International Security
- The Role of Non-Governmental Organizations in Promoting Human Rights
- The Effects of Globalization on National Sovereignty
- The Impact of Social Media on International Relations
- The Role of International Institutions in Conflict Resolution
- The Effectiveness of Economic Sanctions as a Foreign Policy Tool
- The Impact of Migration on International Relations
- The Role of International Law in Regulating Cyber Warfare
- The Influence of Great Powers on International Relations
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Global Politics
- The Impact of Transnational Corporations on Developing Countries
- The Role of Women in International Peacekeeping
- The Impact of Globalization on Income Inequality
- The Effectiveness of Multilateralism in Global Governance
- The Role of Regional Organizations in International Relations
- The Impact of Immigration Policies on International Relations
- The Effectiveness of International Human Rights Law
- The Role of Energy Security in International Relations
- The Impact of the International Financial System on Developing Countries
- The Role of Human Rights in Foreign Policy
Please note that these topics are meant to serve as an inspiration and a starting point for your research. It’s important to choose a topic that is both relevant and feasible to research within the given time frame and one that is interesting and engaging for you. Always check with your supervisor or teacher for guidance and to get feedback on your topic before starting your research.
How can students use these topics in their essays?
These are only examples of how students can use these topics as a starting point and expand on them by adding more specific research questions and by using different methodologies and sources to support their arguments.
- The Impact of Climate Change on International Security: A student can research how climate change can lead to security challenges such as resource scarcity, forced migration, and political instability and how it can impact international relations.
- The Role of Non-Governmental Organizations in Promoting Human Rights: A student can investigate the role that non-governmental organizations (NGOs) play in promoting human rights globally and analyze their effectiveness in terms of strategies and impact.
- The Effects of Globalization on National Sovereignty: A student can research how globalization has affected the concept of national sovereignty and how it has changed the way nations interact with each other on the global stage.
- The Impact of Social Media on International Relations: A student can research how social media platforms have changed the way information is shared and how it has affected the way nations communicate with each other, and how it has an impact on diplomacy, public opinion, and propaganda.
- The Role of International Institutions in Conflict Resolution: A student can investigate the role that international institutions such as the United Nations, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and World Trade Organization play in resolving conflicts and promoting peace.
- The Effectiveness of Economic Sanctions as a Foreign Policy Tool: A student can research the effectiveness of economic sanctions as a foreign policy tool and analyze their impact on the targeted country’s economy and society.
- The Impact of Migration on International Relations: A student can research how migration has affected international relations, including issues such as border security, economic integration, and cultural exchange.
- The Role of International Law in Regulating Cyber Warfare: A student can investigate the role of international law in regulating cyber warfare and analyze the effectiveness of existing international laws and regulations in protecting cyber-security.
- The Influence of Great Powers on International Relations: A student can research the role of great powers, such as the United States, China, and Russia, in shaping international relations and how their actions affect the global political landscape.
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Global Politics: A student can research how artificial intelligence (AI) is affecting global politics, including its impact on national security, international relations, and global governance.
In conclusion, global politics is a vast and complex field with many different areas of study.
The above-mentioned topics are only a few examples of the many possible themes that students can explore in their extended essays on global politics. It’s important for students to choose a topic that is both relevant and feasible to research within the given time frame and one that is interesting and engaging for them.
It is important to note that writing an extended essay can be a challenging task, and it requires a lot of time, research, and writing skills. Students can face many difficulties, with a 4000 words IB EE. Such as lack of time, lack of research resources, or difficulty in organizing their thoughts and ideas . Therefore, students can seek help from professional writing services that can guide them through the process and help them produce high-quality essays.
Writing services can provide students with research resources, help with organizing their thoughts and ideas, and help with editing and proofreading their essays. This will help students to submit a well-written and well-researched essay that can earn them good grades.